2022 products deliver cutting-edge new technologies, features and designs for a redefined experience across multiple devices
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today introduced its 2022 lineup of Neo QLED 8K, sound bars, accessories and sustainability initiatives at its virtual Unbox & Discover event. With this new range, Samsung aims to redefine the role of television by creating beautifully crafted cutting-edge displays that deliver more than entertainment. This year’s products and features take the display to new heights by providing a central hub for gaming, connecting, working and more.
“We are focused on creating a seamless experience across all of our products, allowing consumers to effortlessly enjoy all of their benefits. The 2022 Neo QLED 8K is designed to meet the needs and fuel the passion of our consumers, and innovations are driven by their experiences,” said Jong-Hee (JH) Han, Vice President, CEO and Head of DX (Device eXperience) Division of Samsung Electronics. “Neo QLED 8K also has the power to unlock New experiences as the most important device in the center of the house.
Samsung’s 2022 portfolio was developed from the “Screens everywhere, screens for all” vision, with TVs at the center of people’s homes and everyday lives. In line with this vision, Samsung has created devices that connect seamlessly to offer deep customization and connectivity, ensuring there’s a display to suit every occasion and every lifestyle. Historically, TVs and displays have been primarily associated with the act of “watching”, but Neo QLED 8K aims to change that by expanding the user experience.
Neo QLED 8K: the best just gets better
The 2022 Neo QLED 8K has been upgraded to take the big screen experience to another level. At its heart is the 8K Neural Quantum Processor. The latest processor features 20 independent AI neural networks, each analyzing content characteristics and image quality for optimal viewing, regardless of source.
The 8K Neural Quantum Processor also powers a new technological innovation – Real Depth Enhancer. This scans the screen and maximizes contrast with the background by enhancing the object while keeping the background unprocessed. It works the same way human eyes perceive images in real life, so the object on the screen stands out against the background.
In fact, Samsung’s all-new 2022 QLED has received the world’s first “Pantone Validated” display certification from Pantone, the global authority on color and creator of the Pantone Matching System (PMS), meaning that models authentically reproduce over 2,000 colors as well as the newly added 110 skin tones found in Pantone’s guidelines. Plus, those brilliant colors are easy on the eyes with the new EyeComfort mode. The feature uses AI technology to automatically adjust the screen’s brightness and color temperature based on the brightness or darkness of the room combined with sunset/sunrise information to optimize the viewing experience. More comfortable.
Immersive Dolby Atmos sound with smart features
For true immersion, TVs and displays need powerful, nuanced sound to match rich colors and crisp detail. The Neural Quantum Processor 8K’s AI analyzes what’s onscreen in real time so Adaptive Sound features can track and move between speakers to precisely match onscreen motion.
In QN900B, a flagship Neo QLED 8K model, all sound comes from a 90W 6.2.4-channel sound system, with new top-channel speakers and Dolby Atmos with Object Tracking Sound Pro. This technology has also been applied to voice recognition with Voice Tracking Sound, so sound effects and voices truly follow movement on the screen.
Samsung is also introducing wireless Dolby Atmos to its 4K and 8K Neo QLED TVs, which means pristine audio quality without the clutter of HDMI cables. Wireless Dolby Atmos will also be applied to Samsung’s new Ultra Slim 2022 soundbar, designed for an immersive audio experience from more aesthetic configuration to minimal configuration.
Experience your screen
To ensure the experience is as smooth as possible, the 2022 lineup is equipped with new and smarter features and user interface, allowing Samsung TVs and displays to become the central hub for watching content, controlling devices, play games, practice and more.
- New smart hub: This year, Samsung also unveiled Smart Hub, its new user interface, powered by Tizen. The all-new Samsung Smart Hub unites all aspects of the smart experience into one easy-to-navigate home screen. The new tab categorizes features, settings, and content into three categories for a smooth user experience: Media, Gaming Hub, and Atmosphere.
- Media: The media display organizes users’ entertainment options – including video on demand, streaming and Samsung TV Plus with over 190 free channels – and learns users’ preferences with machine learning to make smart recommendations on all platforms and services.
- game center:Gaming Hub is a new streaming game discovery platform that connects hardware and software to deliver a seamless gaming experience. No download required, no storage required. Samsung also announced partnerships with major game streaming services – NVIDIA GeForce NOW, Stadia™ and Utomik, with more to come – to bring their game libraries to the Gaming Hub. The new platform will be available later this year on select 2022 Samsung smart TV models.
- Ambient: The Ambient display enhances home aesthetics, whether it’s synchronizing the display of the display with its surrounding decor or making a bold statement with eye-catching art.
- Game experience: Along with the all-new Gaming Hub, the 2022 lineup comes loaded with specs and features designed for the ultimate gaming experience. They include four ports supporting HDMI 2.1, Motion Xcelerator Turbo Pro 4K 144Hz gaming, Super Ultrawide GameView, and Game Bar, making gaming more efficient and accessible for a fast, streamlined experience. Thanks to these incredible improvements in image quality and settings, games will be more realistic and exciting than ever. Samsung is also introducing an exclusive line of 43-inch and 50-inch gaming TVs in the near future.
- Samsung Health: Samsung Health not only offers a wide variety of fitness and wellness classes, but also ways to track your progress and routines. Users can easily track their fitness journey and activities on their TV and seamlessly sync with other devices such as the Galaxy Watch4 series to track real-time progress on screen.
- SmartThings: An essential component of the connected experience is Samsung’s SmartThings. With SmartThings, the display becomes the central hub for easily controlling other home devices from a single point. This feature, included in Samsung TVs, takes advantage of the large screen to help users discover, view and control devices at a glance.
- NFT Platform: Finally, new in 2022, Samsung’s NFT platform, in partnership with the industry leader, Clever gateway. Ambient Mode will provide consumers with a unique NFT platform to explore and display NFT digital arts on the Neo QLED and QLED 2022, a new way to collect and showcase artwork.
Sustainability at heart with ‘Going Green’
Samsung is always thinking about the impact of the manufacturing process and product use on the Earth’s environment, looking for ways to reduce its footprint and build a better future for the planet.
- Eco-Packaging: Samsung is improving its eco-friendly packaging with 90% less ink while eliminating staples during production. Both of these improvements reduce waste and make processing easier for recycling centers.
- SolarCell Remote: The SolarCell remote also received an upgrade for 2022. It is 88% more efficient than previous 2020 models. They are now completely battery-less and can now be recharged via 2.4 GHz radio frequency harvesting, drawing their power from reserve power emitted by Wi-Fi routers.
- Recycled materials : Samsung’s 2022 TVs, monitors, digital signage and remote controls use recycled resin. Notably, the high-resolution monitors use recycled resin from ocean plastic salvaged from coastal areas that would otherwise have become hazardous marine litter.
- the Carbon Trust Certificate: Samsung’s Neo QLED 8K/4K has reached the “Reduction” level CO2‘ from the Carbon Trust, demonstrating that the carbon footprint of the Neo QLED range is being reduced year on year.
Personalize it with accessories
Every consumer has their unique TV tastes and needs, which is why Samsung has created new accessories for its 2022 TVs that facilitate entirely new TV experiences.
- Thin wall mount: For those who want to wall-mount their screen, the Slim Fit Wall Mount allows the TV to rest against the wall while offering up, down and side-to-side rotation for the perfect angle no matter where the viewer is seated .
- workshop stand: If the TV stand is preferred, the Studio Stand offers a unique and stylish way to artistically display the Neo QLED 8K.
- Auto Rotate: The new accessory extends the rotation capabilities of the Sero to the Neo QLED 8K. Auto-rotate brings large-screen mobile experiences, full-screen portraits, and MultiView experiences to new layouts. It can be used as a stand or wall mount so whatever is on, the entire screen is filled to optimize the viewing experience.
To pre-order or for more information on Samsung TV products, please visit www.samsung.com/.
You can also log in or visit 837X as a guest to watch the live stream in the metaverse. Take the lead with customization of the Samsung 837X We’re empowering metaverse fans to take the lead with an all-new interactive experience in a freshly transformed Samsung 837X. Head here to learn more about our new “You make it” quest, inspired by all the ways we empower people to express their unique style.