PokÃ©mon Unite is available for download on Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, and the free MOBA offers cross-progression across all platforms. This means you can pick up where you left off in either version of the game.
It’s a straightforward process and in this guide we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to make sure your PokÃ©mon Unite is recording data transfers between devices, whether you’re playing on Switch or on a smartphone.
PokÃ©mon Unite save data transfer guide – how to transfer PokÃ©mon Unite save data
Your PokÃ©mon Unite save data is linked to a Nintendo Account or a PokÃ©mon Trainer Account, regardless of whether you started playing the game initially on Switch or mobile. In order to ensure that save data is shared between devices, you will need to link the game on each device to the same account.
Please note that once an account is linked, it cannot be unlinked. Obvious, really, but worth mentioning.
Below are three scenarios that will allow you to set up a new device and link it to an existing account on your platform where you started playing PokÃ©mon Unite.
Set up PokÃ©mon Unite on a mobile device and connect to existing PokÃ©mon Unite save data on Nintendo Switch
- First, download and launch PokÃ©mon Unite on your smartphone or mobile device. To select Transfer data access once you see the title screen
- IMPORTANT: If you start the game without selecting Transfer Data Access during this initial setup, you cannot sync your save data with the existing Nintendo Switch save without deleting the app and reinstalling to start over – this is not the case. ain’t a big deal if you do this by chance
- To select Nintendo Account Where PokÃ©mon Trainer Club Account on the platform login screen. Make sure to select the account linked to PokÃ©mon Unite on your Switch (not another user’s account, for example)
- The same save data should now be linked and accessible on both your mobile device and Switch
Set up PokÃ©mon Unite on Nintendo Switch and connect to existing mobile PokÃ©mon Unite save data
- Open Settings in the mobile version and choose to link a Nintendo Account or a PokÃ©mon Trainer Club account
IMPORTANT: Do this before opening the game on Switch. If you don’t, here’s what the official PokÃ©mon website has to say:
If you launch the Nintendo Switch version of PokÃ©mon UNITE before linking the associated user’s Nintendo Account to the mobile device version of PokÃ©mon UNITE, that user’s Nintendo Account can no longer be synced with the version’s save data. existing mobile.
If the save data from your existing mobile version is not synced before starting the Nintendo Switch version, you will need to prepare another Nintendo Switch user linked to the correct Nintendo Account in order to access the same save data on both devices.
- If you previously linked a Nintendo Account in the mobile version of the game, your save data will automatically sync with the Switch version (assuming you are using the same Nintendo Account on your console). If you have linked a PokÃ©mon Trainer Club account, this save data can be synced with the Switch version by linking the same PokÃ©mon Trainer Club account – simply choose the appropriate account when logging in during the initial launch process.
Set up PokÃ©mon Unite on another mobile device and connect to existing mobile PokÃ©mon Unite save data
- In order to transfer backup data between two mobile devices, make sure you have linked the app to one of the following platforms on your old device:
- Nintendo Account
- PokÃ©mon Trainer Club Account
- Apple (only when the new device is also iOS, obviously)
- Assuming your save data is related to one of them, download PokÃ©mon Unite on your new device, open the app and select Transfer data access. Choose the same connection platform that contains your save data and it should sync. If you don’t choose Transfer Data Access (accidentally ignoring it or something, just delete the app, download again, and start over.
We hope you found this PokÃ©mon Unite guide useful. We’ll update it with new information as it emerges, but in the meantime let us know below if you have any questions.