, Apple’s latest Mac operating system, . The software, also known as MacOS 12, will run on new laptops announced at – both the and . You can even . First unveiled at Apple in early June, MacOS Monterey includes new features like , and a bunch of updates to come As .
If you want to download and install the MacOS Monterey public beta, or the final version once released, you need to have a compatible device. And while thewas full of confusion on , Apple’s compatibility list is much simpler.
Is my Mac compatible with MacOS Monterey?
Here are all Mac models that can run MacOS Monterey,:
- Macbook, early 2016 and after
- Macbook Air, early 2015 and after
- Macbook Pro, early 2015 and after
- Mac Pro, end of 2013 and after
- Mac Mini, end of 2014 and after
- iMac, end of 2015 and after
- iMac Pro, 2017 and after
As our sister site ZDNet notes, this means that the following Macs will not be able to update beyond:
- iMac, mid- and late 2014 and early 2015
- Macbook Air, mid-2013 and early 2014
- Macbook Pro, end of 2013 and mid-2014
- Macbook, early 2015
For more information, seeand . You can also consult the and see .