- Once you sign in to Yahoo Mail on your device, the app will remember your username and password and keep you signed in.
- If you want to sign in to multiple Yahoo Mail accounts on your phone, use the Y! to open the Manage Accounts option and add a new account.
- If you’re having trouble signing in, try recovering your username and password. You can also try to log in with another browser or clear your browser’s cookies.
- Visit Insider’s Technical Reference Library for More Stories.
Yahoo is no longer the most popular webmail service – that award belongs to Google’s Gmail – but as of 2020, Yahoo Mail had 225 million users.
If you are one of them, you might need to access your Yahoo Mail account. It is accessible on your mobile device (Android and iPhone) and in a web browser on any computer or device. Here’s how to log in.
How to sign in to Yahoo Mail on a mobile device
If you are using the Yahoo Mail app for iPhone Where For android, once logged in, you usually stay logged in all the time, unless you manually log out. The connection process is straightforward and is the same whether you have an iOS or Android device.
1. Start the Yahoo Mail app. If you haven’t signed in to any email account yet, you will see the login page. Faucet Sign in with Yahoo.
2. Enter your Yahoo Mail username, email address, or mobile phone number associated with the account and press Next.
3. Enter your password and press Next.
4. After a while, you will be logged in and directed to the inbox.
If you’ve already signed in to one Yahoo account but want to sign in to a different one, follow these steps:
1. In the Yahoo Mail app, tap the YES ! Icon at the top left of the screen.
2. In the menu, press Manage accounts.
3. Faucet Add an account. (If you’re using an iPhone, you’ll see a dialog asking you for permission to open a browser window – tap To continue.)
4. Enter your Yahoo Mail username, email address, or mobile phone number associated with the account and press Next.
5. Type your password and press Next.
6. After a while, you will be logged in and directed to the inbox.
How to sign in to Yahoo Mail on a computer
You can sign in to Yahoo Mail in a web browser the same way no matter what type of computer (PC or Mac) you are using. Open a browser and navigate to mail.yahoo.com. Then do this:
1. Enter your Yahoo Mail username, email address, or mobile phone number associated with the account and type Next.
2. Type your password and press Next.
3. After a while, you will be logged in and directed to the inbox.
What to do if you can’t sign in to Yahoo Mail
There are several reasons why you might have difficulty signing in to Yahoo Mail. The most common is that you have lost or forgotten your username or password. Fortunately, Yahoo makes it easier to recover your account by resetting your login credentials. On the login page, try this:
- If you don’t know your Yahoo username or Yahoo email address, tap Forgot username? under the Next button. On the next page, you can enter your recovery email address (another email address that you previously associated with the account) or phone number, and then tap To continue and follow the instructions to log in.
- Likewise, if you don’t know your password, press Forgot your password? under the Next and follow the instructions to reset your password and log in.
You may also see an invalid ID or password error when you try to sign in. There are a few common fixes:
- This usually means that you made some kind of typo when entering your credentials. Check your spelling, making sure you are using the correct capitals and not confusing similar characters, such as I, L, and 1.
- If the problem persists, try signing in on a different device or using a different web browser.
- If you are using your browser’s autofill tool, turn it off and manually enter the username and password.
- You can also try to reset your password using the Forgot your password? connect. It is possible that you changed the password at some point in the past and did not save the change.
If your connection doesn’t work, but you don’t see an error message (the page reloads right after entering your username and password), you may need to clear your browser’s cookies. . To do this, see how to delete your cookies in Chromium, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari.