The full list of nominees for The Game Awards 2022 has been revealed.
During a stream, Geoff Keighley, the show’s Canadian creator and producer, announced which games were up for awards. in more than 30 categories.
Specifically, here are the six games for Game of the Year:
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (Asobo/Focus Home Interactive)
- Elden Ring (FromSoftware/Bandai Namco)
- God of War Ragnarök (Santa Monica Studio/PlayStation)
- Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games/PlayStation)
- Stray (BlueTwelve Studio/Annapurna Interactive)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Monolith Soft/Nintendo)
Globally, God of War Ragnarök, Elden Ring and Forbidden Horizon West at the top of the nominations.
In the meantime, here are the nominees for best mobile game:
- Apex Legends Mobile
- Diablo Immortal
- Genshin Impact
- marvel snap
- Tower of Fantasy
A number of Canadian games are also up for awards, including:
It should also be noted that The Last of Us Part I is up for innovation in accessibility, and the game’s co-director who also leads Naughty Dog’s accessibility efforts is Matthew Gallant from Montreal. In addition, The Cuphead Show!based on beloved Cuphead game from Canadian studio MDHR, was nominated in the inaugural Best Adaptation category.